Friday, June 5, 2015

New Path Maybe Taken

I have written nine novels in 14 or 15 months that now keep the bills paid. So far, so good. But for many years I have wanted to write a series of about four novels, financial/family in nature, that each would take about two years to research and write. At the end of that time I would probably give up writing and take up kite surfing (I would be 81). I would be very proud of these four novels, much prouder than I am of the ones written so far. Maybe "pleased with" is a better way of putting it. They would please me more than the ones to date have pleased me. I love my novels written thus far, but I know I can do much better, tell much wider stories with more power than what I've done. Now if I can just figure out how to stop publishing for two years while I write the first one. Will my little publishing shop go under while I don't feed the Amazon algos for two years? Or is there enough to keep things going? I really don't know. But I'm leaning toward trying.

No comments: